VP - Development and Digital Product Leader
10 10th Street NW Atlanta, Georgia 30309
VP – Development and Digital Product Leader
Lead a matrixed team of Software Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience Managers to deliver digital solutions that are aligned to our client’ s strategic business units and customer needs.
- Partner with business leaders and functional leaders to develop a holistic strategy and implementation plan for Digital products
- Act as the Digital Product SME to help develop working knowledge within the organization to better align digital solutions with product capabilities
- Provide strong Digital Product guidance to the business functions to ensure expectations are aligned and prioritized between Digital Products and Business Units
- Partner with Business Units and Product Managers to gather requirements, prioritize and translate requirements into Epics and User Stories
- Employ leading software design principles, ensuring products are designed for maintainability, scalability, availability, flexibility and security.
- Implement test-driven development processes, with a high degree of automation. Ensure software is delivered with excellent quality.
- Develop strong software engineering, product management, and design teams to ensure key talent is acquired and retained.
- Partner with the broader Digital leadership to ensure the digital team is connected to Digital Communities, events, and think tanks.
- Implement an agile software development methodology. Ensure processes are optimized to balance management of risk and speed of delivery.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or engineering, or related fields required.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in Digital solutions or products
- Experience leading teams of 10 or more people.
- Experience with the deployment of multiple applications through product management or engineering
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must have as strong public presence with the talent to present.
- Highly experienced in managing 3rd parties and negotiating contracts.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the mobile ecosystem and key ecosystem players.
- Experience in working in new or groundbreaking mobile technology areas, and developing complex product lines, ecosystems, or solutions that are the first to market highly desired
- Knowledge of products, technologies, customers, and markets desirable.
- Proficient in Open-Source software stacks