SAP PLM Project Manager
30000 Mill Creek Blvd. Suite 100 Alpharetta, GA 30022
Our client is the world’ s leading provider of energy management solutions and in electricity metering is looking for an SAP PLM Architect to develop and manage design and data management collaboration processes, identifying best practices, and foster the use of common engineering tools.
Additionally, this position works proactively with cross functional IT and R&D Design Teams to pursue business process enhancements and software/tool innovation to improve design integrity and team productivity.
Duration: 6-9-month contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
Rate: hourly (all-inclusive) C2C or W2
Role: SAP PLM Architect / Project Manager
- Acts as the key IT subject matter expert on the operation of the SAP PLM system
- Supports the engineering change management application (PLM) and processes including process troubleshooting, and impact analysis reviews.
- Operates as IT representative for Engineering PDM business process initiatives.
- Collaborates with IT and Engineering Leadership Team to identify enhancements to business processes and engineering software tools to improve user productivity.
- Participates in PDM Advisory Workstream Groups to identify and champion ideas for enhancing PLM productivity and design quality.
- Develops and maintains required PLM process documentation, procedures and training material.
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited institution required
- 5-10 years of experience in Engineering, IT, Operations or a combination of those functions
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on SAP PLM systems and contributed to multiple SAP PLM implementations.
- Expertise with business processes supporting engineering, IT and/or manufacturing
- Expertise with SAP PLM product data management system
- Understanding of specific engineering tools that integrate/interface with SAP PLM, include PTC Creo, and Altium Designer.
- Ability to facilitate requirements creation and management process
- Experience working in a SDLC or Agile environment.
- Knowledge of SAP PLM Product Lifecycle Management, CAD/ECAD Design and Design Analysis Software and Systems.
- Knowledge of administration and configuration of the SAP PLM Toolset
- Knowledge of Software License Management Tools and Protocols on Enterprise and Local Area Networks
- Understanding of Enterprise Business Processes (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Service, Marketing).
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems relating to Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM), CAD/ECAD Design and Design Analysis processes and software.
- Ability to create training material, standard operating procedures; organize and lead training events for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), CAD/ECAD and Design Analysis Tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule and business requirements.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.