QA Analyst - Data Warehouse
Perimter Center West Atlanta, GA 30338
- Testing to validate the quality of these solutions.
- Analyzing business needs
- Documenting legacy systems
- Working with developers to convert business requirements into solutions
- Solid understanding of data warehouses
- Experience on EDW projects
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience testing SQL Server Enterprise Data Warehouse Systems using T-SQL and TFS/Azure DevOps for test case and defect management
- Experience creating test cases and test scripts for data warehouse testing, including data completeness testing, boundary testing, data validation based on data models and using source to target mapping documents, validation of transformations, and dimensional data.
- Extensive SQL skills that support the testing listed above, including the ability to write simple and complex SQL scripts, store procedures, create and execute on-demand and scheduled sql jobs to support the testing effort.
- Clear understanding of data warehouse concepts based on experience, demonstrated by the ability to infer what types of tests need to be performed based on the business needs, business rules, data model, source to target mapping documents, and down-stream artifacts
- Ability to review technical documents with minimal or no requirements to produce test strategies, test scenarios, and test cases for the data warehouse testing.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create Test Plan and Test strategy and provide estimates for testing complex projects.
- Ability to multitask, work on extremely tight timelines
- Perform regression testing, enhance existing test cases
Nice to have:
- Mobile function testing (manual)
- Willingness to help with Mobile QA when needed
- Be a team player who is both flexible and accommodating – heavy interaction with dev team and team management on simultaneous projects is anticipated.
- Be a self-starter who will own and manage the execution of tasks and projects s/he has been assigned without hand-holding
- Be a proactive and independent thinker who anticipates problems and roadblocks
- Be assertive and confident, but not arrogant or condescending, as you will work with a variety of users at varying levels of leadership
- Meticulous, with attention to detail