Program Manager- Data Strategy
Atlanta, GA 30338
Our client is looking for a Program Manager to help build a data strategy for a environment in acquisition mode. This is an opportunity to build a strategic road map from the ground up that is focused on prem migrations to the cloud.
Data Strategy / BI and Analytics Program: Initiative to build a new age Data Ecosystem, supporting Branding/Marketing and other business function’ s Analytics, Reporting and Operational needs
This individual will be expected to proactively manage risks, dependencies and change control to deliver project within budget and on schedule. In addition to project management responsibilities, this individual will also actively contribute to change management activities such as scope and requirements clarification, communications, and training documentation.
- 5+ years of Agile project execution
- Experience of managing Data Integration, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Cloud projects.
- Pluses: QSR experience, large scale system deployment, vendor management, distributed development team management. Experience of working in Hospitality or Food industry
- Familiar with different agile methodologies including by not limited to Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile.
- Is able to coach and train team members and others on the Scrum framework and related artifacts (user stories, story point estimation, etc.) as well as other agile methodologies to help guide teams to more successful outcomes.
- Demonstrates and understands what specific Lean/Agile/Tools/Techniques/Principles to best apply, based on Team needs, environment and constraints.
- Develop plans to manage end-to-end project activities and execution approach, including cross-project dependencies.
- Support the development and management of project business cases.
- Define, document and obtain approval of client requirements and project specifications.
- Define purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of project success.
- Manage the project estimating activity and change control process.
- Develop and support stakeholder communication processes for project-level status and other communication required to support successful delivery and management of business expectations.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
- Work with Release Manager to ensure operations turnover and Service Level Agreement (SLA) updates, when applicable.
- Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction.
- Support business partner information needs related to formation of new policies/procedures and/or new business process development, including creation of supporting training documentation.
- Manage day-to-day workload of team members by proactively identifying and resolving issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of the program / project.
· Facilitate collaboration and interactions across Teams to plan, develop, test and release features to various environments.
· Aggressively remove impediments that block team progress
- Apply knowledge of corporate standards and vendor practices in project management to ensure successful project delivery.
- Establish and maintain working relationships across both the business and technology areas as appropriate: business and technology stakeholders, developers, vendor partners, end users, etc.
- Participate in and support cross-technology process improvement initiatives.
- Perform with commitment, accountability, transparency, integrity and partnership.
- Promote effective teamwork and communication between both onsite and remote resources.
- Servant leader mindset that puts others before self.
- Inspire and develop mastery of skill and discipline, quality, lean thinking and continuous improvement.
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
- Hold the Team accountable to the agreements they set and the commitments they make.
- Strong project/program management experience (10+ years).
- Experience with diverse methodologies with flexibility to adapt.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft tools (SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including large group facilitation and training. Is comfortable communicating with key project stakeholders and Senior Management.