1715 N. Brown Road Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Our client, an innovative and fast paced established software product company, is looking for a Network Engineer to design the network infrastructure for their new platform.
Our client offers a great reverse commute, casual environment, excellent benefits, 6% 401k match, strong vacation and profit sharing.
- Ensure the integrity of our high availability network infrastructure to provide the best possible uptime and performance for our end user experience.
- Create and build network designs to support business needs.
- Maintain networking environments by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Bachelor’ s degree in areas such as computer science, engineering or information systems
- 5+ years in network design and hands-on support of enterprise IP Networks
- Knowledge of complex IP routing and other protocols, including IPsec, DNS, VoIP, QoS, and MPLS.
- Proven practical experience with routers, switches, firewalls and related networking technologies in a multivendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Dell, Palo Alto, Riverbed, etc.)
- Some experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Scripting using code like Python or PowerShell (Automation skills required)
- Experience working in a hybrid networking/software development environment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining server/virtualization clustering (VMWare, XenServer)
- Experience with network security tools such as firewalls and IPS
- Deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Data center operations, procedures, best practices. Network cabling, AC/DC power and cabling
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.