New Britain, Connecticut 06053
Our client is a vibrant, diverse, global growth Fortune 250 company, recognized as one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world.
They are looking for an IIOT/MES Architect to integrate knowledge and expertise of MES programming and development with real world application to propel the forward-looking ideals of the Industry 4.0 initiative. In this position, you will collaborate with others across an array of disciplines in order to find a solution to the world’ s manufacturing and industrial needs.
Our client has created a state of the art manufacturing incubator to accelerate its global Industry 4.0 “ smart factory” initiative across the entire organization. The 23, 000-square foot facility will serve as a hub for the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, 3-D printing, robotics and advanced materials. This team will set the overall vision and strategy for the company’ s Industry 4.0 initiative and supply the resources and expertise necessary to serve as the epicenter for the latest technologies and processes with respect to Industry 4.0.
- Under the direction of Technology Leader, Manufacturing Systems, lead the building global platforms to create innovative MES solutions
- Partner with transformational team experts to define and prioritize feature sets for MES solutions, both process and technology such as: WIP Tracking, Components Management / Traceability, Production Execution, Order Sequencing Management, Quality / Defect Management, SPC, Product Genealogy, Test / Inspection Integration etc.,
- Develop integration methods with other pillar applications such as: ERP, PLM, Quality and Engineering systems
- Work with external vendors to implement MES enabling applications (e.g. Vision Systems, RFID / Barcoding, Motion Systems etc.,)
- Design, develop, test and deploy solutions working with site-based teams
- Make continuous innovations and improvements for the MES solutions
Required experience and skills include:
- Experience in IT systems architecture, development, integration and delivery, specifically with MES / Historian / SCADA / Automation, JDEdwards ERP
- Experience with Business Intelligence and/or Reporting
- Experience with cloud development and deployment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong manufacturing business acumen
- Ability to stay current with latest technology trends, and understand impact of new technologies in a business environment
- Willingness to travel to multiple Catalent sites during implementation
Knowledge of the following preferred:
- Spring, JPA, JMS
- RESTful microservices
- Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP) and/ or Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Experience with solution design, development and implementation
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.