Enterprise Data Modeler
3560 Lenox Rd NE suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Enterprise Data Modeler
Our Client, who is a global Manufacturing giant in the heart of Buckhead, is looking for an Enterprise Data Modeler. This role offers incredible benefits and relocation for those not in the Atlanta area. Flex hours and one day per week work from home are a couple other perks attached to this opportunity.
The Enterprise Data Modeler is responsible for design, development and expansion of data models that support business requirements in a Data Warehouse, Transactional and Operational environments. They will develop, maintain and support an enterprise-wide data model to show the entity relation across business functions and applications. This person will be heavily involved in analyzing, profiling and reviewing the data elements from each source system and create a logical and physical data model design.
- Design the dimensional data model for the Data Lake, EDW and MDM solutions.
- Work with regional data owners and Functional design teams to define strategy
- Acquire the technical and functional knowledge from regional data managers to create consolidated data model.
- Understand source system data models, profile source data and find any potential gaps between business requirements in the source data.
- Work with source system managers to understand the details of the data and understand how the data fits the business needs.
- Develop a business definitions driven-wide metadata repository
- Creates semantically rich logical data models (non-relational/No SQL) that define the Business data requirements and are independent of any technology solution (i.e. DBMS.)
- Participate in Business workshops and collaborate with Functional designers
- Manage the life cycle of the data model from requirements to design to implementation to maintenance.
- Use a data model repository, such as ModelMart, and drive the team to use the same for keeping master models repository.
- Work with the ETL and MDM teams to ensure correct implementation of the data models, data quality and validation rules.
- Collaborate with architects and data owners to define efficient ETL and MDM strategy utilizing Informatica capabilities
- Must be an analytical thinker who can translate business rules for information / data content needs into high performance data models.
- Thorough understanding of SQL, Stored procedures, shell scripting, XML, ETL, SOA, REST and Web Services technologies
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and professional skills are required.
- 7+ years IT experience with 5+ years of direct experience of using erwin data modeler or equivalent technology
- 3+ years direct experience utilizing Informatica MDM, BDM, DQ and other Informatica suite of products.
- Experience in creating business metadata repository and data catalog
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.