Digital Agile Program Manager
5 Concourse Parkway NE Suite 2150 Atlanta, GA 30328
Our client, established in 2006, has a talent force of over 500 employees mostly operating out of 5 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have recently established a strong presence in Atlanta, with over 150 employees and growing. This is a very successful organization with a collaborative culture that encourages diversity and entrepreneurial thinking. They offer excellent benefits, 401k match, along with 24 days PTO.
Digital Agile Program Manager
This role manages two key projects with significant impact on business processes and technology. Manages complex project from project initiation, project planning, requirements definition, build, testing, production readiness, implementation and warranty. Collaborates extensively with business unit subject matter experts and 3rd party software partners. Monitors progress of 3rd party software partner for Build. Manages dependencies (in-bound and out-bound) with other project teams such as testing QA, SIT and UAT), data conversion, infrastructure, production readiness, change management, business migration and implementation cut-over.
- Aggregate all information, actively challenge inputs, and bring program-wide perspective to project to facilitate creation and maintenance of a realistic dependency driven schedule.
- Responsible for the overall project schedule, manage dependencies (successors and predecessors) within project and between projects.
- Drive with intensity day-to-day project activity to control scope, schedule, and budget (including activities in Blueprinting, Build, Test, Production Readiness, Warranty and Close Out.) Follow up to close out open items expeditiously.
- Advise Business Subject Matter expert and sponsor on management of scope/schedule/budget.
- Enforce program operating standards defined by the PMO.
- Proactively drive, and manage risk, issue, and change control management processes, including ensuring that RAID log and project status accurately reflect the health of the project.
- Prepare project level status reports in collaboration with project team in compliance with defined governance.
- Interprets info from Business Subject Matter Expert, PMO, Sponsor, and other project stakeholders to set status, and escalates any misalignment to program manager and sponsor.
- Identify and escalate issues, risks and required decisions to all appropriate Program team members in a timely manner.
- Facilitate weekly project control meetings.
- Responsible for project administrative activities (e.g. invoice reconciliation, validation of resource hours, scheduling of meetings, etc.). Can delegate to PC if available.
- Drives teams with intensity and attention to details
- Prior experience working in a similar role in an environment of multiple projects with challenging timeframes and deliverables
- Proven experience in project management; PMP certification highly preferred
- Experience delivering projects in the Digital space using Agile; CSM desirable
- Insurance industry specific business knowledge including a strong understanding of the policy administration life cycle and claims
- Experience working with Creative Agencies
- Should be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to problem solve and succeed in a very fast paced environment.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Delivery Framework
- Needs to be an independent thinker and a key contributor in driving successful program
- College or university degree and/or relevant work experience required
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info, visit www.jdc-group.com.