Data Governance Analyst
133 Peachtree Street Atlanta, GA 30303
We are currently seeking a Data Governance Analyst for our enterprise level client here in Atlanta, GA. This role will be a key contributor on Data Governance Team. The team’ s vision is to enable value creation by improving the quality of data.
The position will learn the division’ s data first by working collaboratively on a project team. For the first 6-8 months, the Data Governance Analyst will work to understand the new Kiwiplan software data requirements, document data dependencies throughout the modules, coordinate data cleansing efforts, and test some system configurations. This project is a multi-year implementation of standardized business processes and thirteen modules of an industry-specific software suite across 42 locations. This role will work closely with the Master Data & Data Governance Process Lead to establish a standardized approach to data migration and assist in writing the division’ s governance strategy regarding master data. The ideal candidate will have proven critical thinking skills, analytical experience, and the ability to understand relationships between data fields.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the system, the configuration decisions, and the business processes in order to help prepare each sites’ system parameters before Go-Live.
- Document the integrated data fields across the modules, as well as their format rules and configuration decisions.
- Become a liaison between the business project team and the IT data migration team.
- Understand the data migration project plan for each site, according to the overall implementation roll out schedule, and assist with validating the data was uploaded correctly.
- Develop and help document the division’ s governance strategy for master data which includes identifying standards and determining best metrics for recognizing anomalies.
- Assist with end-to-end cycle testing by completing test scripts, logging any failures, and helping resolve issues.
- Help review and refine end-user training material to be used by the Implementation team at each site.
- Act as first line of support for data related questions prior to the installation, during the go-live, and thru stabilization phase.
- Assists in the design and implementation of a data governance strategy and ensures adherence to related policy and standards.
- Assists in the implementation of data management tools and training for related tools.
- Monitors data quality metrics and reports out on findings and trends to key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Creates and maintains business rules that will enable verification of data accuracy.
- Participate in change management activities required to fix data quality and process issues.
- Develops and maintains master data and measures catalog.
- Develops and/or approves names, definitions and formulas for global measures and attributes.
- Challenge information received when it’ s not consistent with information already in the system or information found elsewhere.
- Establish self as a ‘ go-to’ that can speak the languages of IT data management and the business.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- At least 2 years of business experience
- Experience with pivot tables and V-lookup functions in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in analyzing data, running detailed business reports, or extracting data from a complex system
- Experience in delivering results in a fast-paced environment
Experience in the Corrugated industry
Experience with understanding relationships between data fields throughout a system
Experience with data cubes, Tableau, Power BI, or similar software
Experience with SAP MDG, SAP Information steward or similar software
Experience with Excel that includes macros and/or advanced formulas
Experience on an ERP system or MDM tool implementation team
Experience in data analysis roles dealing with root cause analysis, testing and issue resolution in partnership with technical and business resources