C/W-Project Coordinator - Professional - DUKEJP00009764
9550 Research Drive Charlotte, NC 28262
This position is responsible for assigning, prioritizing and effectively delegating the work tasks for the completion of the work plan of the Instrumentation and Control Technicians (I&C Techs). This position supports the installation and commissioning of new SCADA equipment. In addition to work assignment, this position also collaborates with Grid Technicians and the support organization to ensure SCADA devices are maintained for optimal performance and returned to service in a timely manner as prescribed business needs. This position must coordinate between DCC Grid Technicians, I&C Technicians, Delivery Operations Schedulers, Project Planners, System Engineers, Distribution Standards- Provisioning, and Materials to ensure work tasks are completed accurately and efficiently. The scheduler assists in prioritizing multiple levels of urgent requests and as needed, can assist with ensuring resources are scheduled and allocated to meet the cyclical demands of maintenance and new installations.
* Assist in the negotiation, assignment, and organization of work schedules to fulfill specified work within the timeframe requested by customers, including the daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring of pending work to ensure that I&C resources match commitments made to customers. Ensure work plan is on target to meet annual maintenance and I&C goals.
* Support the monitoring of availability of manpower, status of pending requests, and workforce productivity for I&C Techs to provide productivity, completion status, and forecasting reports to Project resources.
* Act as the single point of contact for the Grid Management regarding reschedules of commissioning work due to weather, customer issues, or other types of delays in order to expedite work completion.
* Help facilitate scheduling of I&C resources for commissioning identified by the Grid Management and project resources.
* Facilitate or attend monthly management team meetings to review work schedules and other related issues.
* Technical degree
* In addition to required degree, 3 years related work experience
* In lieu of Technical degree(s) AND 3 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 7 year(s) related work experience
* Associates degree in Construction Management or
* Associates degree in Business or
* Associates degree in Information Technology
* Experience using Maximo Asset Management and/or ARMS scheduler tools
* Experience with an Electrical Distribution utility