Applications Solution Manager - MES
3560 Lenox Rd NE suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Applications Solutions Manager (MES)
Our Client, who is a global Manufacturing giant in the heart of Buckhead, is looking for a MES Applications Solutions Manager. This role offers incredible benefits and relocation for those not in the Atlanta area. Flex hours and one day per week work from home are a couple other perks attached to this opportunity.
- Serve as the design and solution authority for the design, build, test, and deployment of our SAP/MES suite of functionality that covers the Production Execution, Quality Management and Supply Chain Planning functional areas
- Partner very closely with IT, consultant, and business resources to understand requirements
- Formulates strategy and delivers solutions
- Manages resources to meet project deliverable dates and milestones
- Keeps program leadership informed of risks and issues
- Ensures robust and accurate solutions are developed
- Develop project plan to meet project milestones, enforce strict scope control, and manage the work for new deployments
- Review work product of functional application experts, deeming changes suitable to ensure no business disruption when deployed into the production environment, spanning across the following technologies: Manufacturing Execution System (MES), SAP ECC: Production Planning & Quality Management, SAP APO: Production Planning/Detailing Scheduling, Quintiq: Macro Planner
- Take on a hands-on design/build role as project demands are needed
- Manage and oversee escalated break-fix activities of existing functionality (when not assigned to the Application Management Services service provider)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience as a working manager/leader within IT specifically in SAP’ s PP, QM, VC, APO modules and in Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Previous Process Manufacturing experience required
- Must be comfortable as being viewed as an expert in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain process areas.
- Must have direct experience working with 3rd party Manufacturing Execution Systems preferably in a mill solutions environment. The SAP environment is the receiving system for most manufacturing data so direct MES experience is a must.
- Global exposure is required and/or experience working within a matrixed organization
- Ability to manage team of functional expert; must be comfortable working as a peer as well as a manager with his/her team.
- Ability to communicate and persuade at an executive level (VP Level)
- Must thrive in a team oriented, highly collaborative workplace
- Strong project management, organizational skills and initiative to improve processes
- Strong understanding of interface design and integration using TIBCO
- Technical expertise with interface / IDOC design in the finance areas
- Highly proficient with EDI transactions, mapping and processing
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.