API Product Manager
Two Concourse Parkway Atlanta, GA 30328
Job Title: API Product Manager
The API Product Manager is responsible for creating API products based on service offerings. The API Product Manager ensures API products are designed and built to high standards, are easy for developers to implement, and can support the widest possible number of use-cases. The API Product Manager must possess a combination of technical and product knowledge in order to cater to their user: application developers.
The API Product Manager must understand how APIs are accelerating and disrupting businesses and apply that knowledge to conduct market research and create new business models and channels through the use of APIs.
About the Team
The API team contributes significantly to enabling our customer-focused experience. We are the first bank to use mobile to open accounts and we are using our data intelligence to bring a next-generation, holistic experience to customers across the organization.
The top challenges for the team are delivering APIs for our rapidly evolving product, balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the architecture to handle the scale of 2.5+ million daily customers conducting transactions through mobile, online and other digital channels.
- Work with Product team to translate business and functional requirements into API User Stories
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases for the API
- Manage a technical API analyst who translates the user stories into an API specification using Swagger
- Make product roadmap decisions and have overall ownership of the API as a product. Prioritize work and make strategic decisions on cutting or adding features during the development cycle
- Work with marketing team to develop a marketing plan for the API
- Contribute to API testing phases when requirement decisions must be made
- Own all API documentation including documents for developer support, security, sales, sales training, marketing
- Create monetization strategy for APIs
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with APIs
- 4+ years of experiencing managing IT Products
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and visual presentation
- 2+ years of designing, programming, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role)
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership