(US) System Administrator & Developer V - AGCOJP00001750
4205 River Green Parkway4205 River Green Parkway Duluth, GA 30096
ConCall Notes 8/8/2019
- Senior level role: (Tableau, AWS & API with data integration is absolute MUST!)
- Data Analytic work (BI) using Tableau
- Alteryx (this is ideal) or similar ETL tool
- 7 years experience (reporting)
- Must know AWS side of data (database management)
- Expr API with Tableau: data integration using API (REST, SOAP), Data Modeling, Data Staging is required.
- Sits on site (No remote)
- 3 month contract; possible extension but no possibility for conversion to perm
- Prefers a local candidate for an in person interview; Will consider video call for non-local is last resort and candidate would have to be exceptional
AGCO is currently looking for an experienced professional that can play the role of IT Analyst II for our global Engineering BI Program. The IT Analyst’ s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology and business process solutions they need. The IT Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business and IT team make good technology decisions. The IT Analyst will also be proactive about working with all internal Development Groups and other IT teams to look for new technologies to optimize business processes. Candidate will work individually or as a member of a team to provide technical expertise for the design, development, deployment and on-going support of the global BI Platform. Candidate should have 4-7 years of experience in design develop and deploy enterprise reports using Tableau and Alteryx. Experience in data integration using API (REST, SOAP), Data Modeling, Data Staging is required. Good knowledge in application development life cycle.
Job Function and Responsibility
• Collaborate with key business resources on requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, testing, user acceptance, implementation, and documentation.
• Understand and translate business concepts to executable functional designs; ensure functional designs are executed as a viable solution to the business concept; ensuring module solution aligns and is compatible with overall architecture
• Develop and keep updated, functional design documents and testing scripts insuring Workflows and reports are aligned with current system design and business practices.
• Understand software development best practices in security and data protection
• Deep experience with Agile, iterative software delivery. (experience with Polarion application is a plus.)
• Must be very comfortable and highly experienced in designing, developing, visually compelling Tableau dashboard that communicate complex data simply and elegantly to business users in the Agriculture and manufacturing industry
• A strong BI Development experience with administration skills needed.
• Monitor performance and provide responsive action to issues maintaining high-level internal customer satisfaction to required service level performance measures, through the successful resolution of customer requests/issues/change requests.
• Perform application (Tableau, Alteryx, AES) design, installation & troubleshooting
• Support databases in Enterprise Web Hosting environments
• Experience exchanging data with a variety of platforms and systems similar to ForgeRock and different SAML services
• Working closely with the infrastructure team and ensure the server side support for all BI application (Tableau, Alteryx) platform.
• Performing daily operation (application management) i.e. user management Create/Manage Groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections Create/Modify/Manage server task schedules
Functional & Technical Skills
• Formal IT methodology experience is required.
• 5-7 years of programming experience
• 3-5 years of Strong Tableau and Alteryx Development Experience
• 3-5 years of AWS services experience
• Experience working in a global team environment
• Detailed knowledge of the following:
o IT change management process
o Problem management procedures
o Multiple business process from an IT perspective.
• Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
• Experience with scripting language i.e. python and Shell scripting a plus.
• Support ETL Processes Performing CICD operations on a daily basis.
• Experience with MPP Databases i.e. Athena, Redshift, Mongo Db and PostgreSQL
• Strong communication / interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with multiple levels of IT and business management.
• Ability to address and resolve issues in an objective, fact-based, professional fashion.
• Effective working relationship with the business to ensure business requirements are accurately captured agreed, accepted and implemented.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, IT or similar.
• 5-8 years of experience in IT industry (as IT Analyst, IT Developer or similar)
• Experience in automotive, construction or agriculture equipment (preferred)
• Global company experience is a plus
• English both written and spoken