Technical Development Manager
Our well-known Fortune 500 client is experiencing incredible growth in their Innovation Center, which acts independently as a technology focused company pioneering IoT, and leading the way to make consumer and industrial “ things” connected.
The Technical Software Development Manager position is a hands-on leadership position that incorporates technical and programming skills, agile software development abilities, and team leadership skills.
This position provides the opportunity to lead a scrum team that is engaged in developing mobile and IoT products with areas of responsibility that spans:
- Leading a software engineering team to build, operate, improve and support mobile and Internet of Things applications.
- Working with product owner and other technical leads to define (cloud-based) software architecture solutions for connected and mobile products.
- Recruiting and mentoring a team of exceptional software developers.
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement.
- Expertise in software architecture design.
- Expertise in supporting production systems and software.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Continuous Deployment technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working as a team lead or manager
- Strong working knowledge of modern web and mobile technologies.
- Working knowledge of developing using AWS Infrastructure.
- 3+ years’ experience developing systems with enterprise databases, including good working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools.
- 5+ years’ experience building and supporting medium to large-scale, " mission critical" " high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems
- Mobile (iOS) is a strong plus
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.