Systems Administrator - Linux/Unix Engineer
1030 Delta Blvd Atlanta, Georgia 30354
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a Systems Administrator – Linux/Unix Engineer who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
Systems Administrator – Linux/Unix Engineer
- Looking for experienced Linux/UNIX engineers.
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting Linux/UNIX environments.
- Understanding of build processes, performance troubleshooting, patching techniques, configuration of storage (add/change/delete) as well as the ability to troubleshoot basic routing/connectivity issues from the server perspective.
- Ability to work independently and communicate with a team across multiple locations.
- A Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective & efficient provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- In addition, this covers the adoption of processes and procedures guarantying the implementation of system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures that adheres with technology direction and policies.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts & groups per request.
- Grants and removes access to server and related resources.
- Investigates and troubleshoots minor issues.
- Provides Level 2 support per request from end users.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configures/adds new services as necessary.
- Upgrades and configures system software per project and/or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Has Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or UNIX, Linux equivalent certification.
- Engineers SA-related solutions for various minor projects and operational needs.
- At least a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and certified in at least one of the following technologies: Exchange, OCS, Blackberry, Iron Port, Configuration Manager, ISA/Proxy, Storage (Legato, IPStor & SAN), NetGil/Citrix, SharePoint 2007, Anti-Virus, F5, Siteminder, VMware, etc.
- Engineers SA-related solutions for various complex project and operational needs.
- Leads teams to provide advanced design, architecture and diagnostic support
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.