Sr. Software Engineer
3003 Summit Blvd Atlanta, Georgia 30319
Sr. Software Engineer
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate with infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs. As a team member, you will be a Full-Stack Engineer contributing at every level of our application stack. Your team will be relatively small consisting of test, data and software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way.
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with creating applications to run on AWS
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies
- Git or general version control experience
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- DevOps and Automation
- CI/CD: Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI
- Orchestration: Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Operations, Monitoring, and System administration (ELK stack, Nagios, Splunk, Datadog)
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
What We Look For:
- Reactive application development
- Experience with eventing frameworks (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Experience with data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization)
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.