Sr. Project Manager
1030 Delta Blvd Atlanta, Georgia 30354
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a Sr. Project Manager - Application who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
Sr. Project Manager - Application
The Project Manager position is to provide direction and leadership to project team members for small-to-large sized application and/or infrastructure projects up to $5 million dollars that are moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will ensure project results contribute positive business value and meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality business results.
- The Project Manager acts as a change agent for IT provides program / project management methodology fundamentals and expertise.
- Strong PM skills to direct the entire project process life cycle of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring / controlling and close of an entire project
- Ability to contribute and champion usage of structured project management methodology (to include Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Iterative, etc.)
- Knowledge of application and /or infrastructure development life cycle (SDLC) and other technical management concept, processes, and methodologies
- Lead team members in achieving desired deliverable creation outcomes
- Analyze, manage, and report project performance – financial reporting, resource allocation, task delegation and stakeholder management
- Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures
- Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
- Develops and executes an overall project schedule, including tasks, duration, dependencies, and resource assignments
- Controls and tracks changes to scope, time, cost, quality, issues, and risk
- Possess IT and formal program/project management knowledge as well as ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines based on logical work breakdown structures aligned to critical path
- Manage project dependencies, milestones, and critical path
- Understanding of the business processes and procedures necessary to ensure interpretation, awareness, compliance, and enforcement of the Information Security Policy and Standards
- Knowledge of standard security concepts and techniques.
- Understanding of all aspects of information security, including: security and risk management frameworks, vulnerability and threat management, security operations
- Experience with various security products such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS (network and host-based), VPN, VLAN, Routers, Switches, etc.
- Key industry certifications such as CAPM, PMP, PgM, etc., preferred
- Strong track record managing and executing IT projects and formal project management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Effective communication with cross functional project team, gaining trust and building consensus
- Experience with stakeholder management, working with stakeholders to confirm understanding before drawing conclusions
- Exceptional planning, organizational and leadership skills and ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to direct the work of others, build and maintain cohesive motivated matrix teams across a large enterprise
- Strong business judgment, consulting and customer service skills
- Prior experience with EPM tools such as HP PPM, Clarity
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.