Senior Project Manager, PMO
106 Adkisson St Ashland City, Tennessee 37015
Our client is an innovative and growing industry leader with an exceptionally talented IT and SAP team. They' ve conducted business with honesty and integrity for more than 125 years thanks to the company' s operational foundation being built upon a commitment to ethical conduct. It is our client' s goal to be a great place to work and to provide their employees a challenging and rewarding career path.
Responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of IT projects. The Project Manager needs to understand alignment of project work with enterprise-wide strategies and partner with other management to proactively monitor and manage project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies for assigned work streams. Assists in maturing project governance expertise, process and procedures when and where needed.
- Provide oversight and project management for all aspects of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Design and maintain project documentation and contribute to the continued enhancement of the project management body of knowledge, policies and procedures to ensure ongoing adherences to the project management standards and continued use of best practices.
- Participate in planning sessions and other related meetings and sessions with information technology constituents, internal business users and external partners.
- Mentor and assist Project team members as necessary to ensure successful management of company initiatives regardless of direct organizational reporting lines.
- Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with team participants and business stakeholders.
- Validate business requirements to determine and agree upon, achievable project objectives that align to business goals, strategies and objectives.
- Define requirements, resources and schedules for project/program implementations, including project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to manage project changes to facilitate risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and recommend timing of project production deployments.
- Assist in the development of RFPs and other contractual documents as required.
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Provide leadership and direction to project teams to proactively manage risks, coordinate and quickly resolve issues, and deliver projects on time, within budget and at required level of quality.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- May be the SME for specific technologies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Management, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years related work experience
- Requires team leadership, business acumen and ability to develop and nurture strong relationships management skills within IT and the business
- Large project leadership required
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Experience working with and managing a globally dispersed team
- Proven commitment to the Project Management profession
- Working knowledge for systems integration and vendor management
- Certifications with PMI, Agile or Scrum alliance a plus
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.