Release Training Engineer
1030 Delta Blvd Atlanta, Georgia 30354
· This will be the FIRST ever RTE at Delta. This person really needs to knock it out of the park since they will set the tone for this role at Delta
· Exceptional communication skills are a must. This person will need to be able to facilitate very large meetings with approximately 150 people on the train. They will need to have the ability to understand a lot of detail and put it all together in a cohesive plan – think giant jigsaw puzzle
· This person will also need to be able to communicate well with all levels of the org. They will need to be able to translate waterfall to agile to our executives. Executives are used to tracking progress/status in an agile world and will be seeing this information differently going forward. The RTE needs to bridge that gap.
· The RTE needs to be experienced so they can help guiding our teams. Our POs and SMs are new to their role. The developers and QAs are new to agile. They will all need to be guided. We have 3 awesome coaches that are working with us from the COE, but they aren’ t with us full time.
· SAFe certifications will be extremely helpful
· This person must be in ATL at least 75% of the time, and will be working with teams in ATL (5), MSP (2), Manilla (1) and Chennai (7)
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a Release Train Engineer who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
Release Train Engineer
- Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART).
- The RTE’ s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
- RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
- The RTE facilitates ART and Solution Train processes and execution, respectively.
- They escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement.
- May also participate in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets.
- They help configure SAFe to the organization’ s needs, standardizing and documenting practices.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Facilitate the PI planning event Summarize Team PI
- Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level and the value stream sync for Solution Trains
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams using the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle
- Report status to all levels of the organization and support related activities Facilitate System Demos and Solution
- Demos Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution
- Train and help them improve Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.