4205 River Green Parkway Duluth, Georgia 30096-2584
Our client, a Fortune 500 company with over 20, 000 employees worldwide, is looking for am Data Architect at their US Headquarters in Duluth.
The SAP lead Architect is responsible to provide thought leadership and enterprise architecture in various aspects of Enterprise wide Supply Chain Planning and Execution functions. The architect has the technical skills required to participate in designing, selling and delivering professional service projects in the field of software technology as per Architecture guidelines and standards. He/she should be able to identify and identify business issues, handle them effectively, envision and architect suitable solutions and discuss them with the business leadership, delivery teams, solutions team and information management teams. Designs Technical/business Architectures, including development, runtime and operations architectures.
The role would be in the Enterprise Architecture group. The group reports to Business Solutions Architecture. This role will also include responsibility for coordination of the development of architectural frameworks, as well as leading architectural domains such as technical, information security, data and/or applications.
Note: Position requires up to 40% travel
Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Supports relationship with assigned business area leaders, key clients and other stakeholders through developing plans and discussion materials.
- Develops / maintains an understanding of client’ s business processes and the application systems/infrastructure that supports them.
- Aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organization, capabilities, and key business and IT initiatives. Promotes alignment within assigned business area.
- Develops enterprise level architecture models and roadmaps within assigned business area as part of an overall corporate model using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques
- Works with architect(s) to provide an enterprise solution that is scalable and adaptable to changing business needs. Promotes shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Develops enterprise architecture standards and facilitates the adherence and governance of related project activity through controls in PMO, Project/Solution Development Lifecycle, Change Management, and Procurement processes.
- Manages a documented, mutually understood current-state of the assigned area’ s business, application and infrastructure architecture and develops a transition plan to target-state architecture(s).
- Identifies leverage (including reuse) opportunities by using building blocks, and acts a liaison between the functional groups to ensure that the leverage opportunities are realized. Supports evaluation and selection of new technologies.
- Able to travel 40%
- Definition and implementation of Business, Application, Data and Integration Architectures for business functions in Supply Chain Planning and Execution Functions
- Able to properly evaluate and interpret cross-functional architecture requirements.
- Deep expertise in one or more specialties with broad knowledge across a wide spectrum of industry technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of the following:
- IT industry best practices as well as technical trends and patterns for potential business requirements
- Enterprise-level project management capability with significant knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Enterprise architectural frameworks/methodologies including developing architecture principles/standards, and architecture modeling tools
- Understanding of how to link business processes to enterprise strategy
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- Defining success measures and track progress
- IT change management process
- Supporting opportunity and business case development, business process re-engineering, organizational change management, transition planning, system development lifecycles, program/project management and fielding of business applications in a large scale enterprise with complex organizational and IT structures
- Techniques to undertake the detailed definition of the architecture including strategies, as-is assessments, program assessments, sustainability analysis, targets, roadmaps and briefings, and defining measures of success
- Working with technology vendors and offshore development teams in the delivery of enterprise solutions
- Previous experience with ERP, and other large system deployment knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree plus 10 years of experience OR Master Degree plus 8 years of experience in Supply Chain Planning, Execution as well as a cross functional understanding of ERP business processes for the role to be effective.
- Experience in delivery of Supply Chain Planning and Execution transformation projects required
- Experience with tools like SAP APO, IBP, MM-PP, Master Data Management
- Experience in delivery of Master data strategy and governance preferred
- 3+ years working as Enterprise Supply Chain architect in an architecture team.
- Experience developing 3-5 year vision roadmaps of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state. Experience in influencing, selling and driving alignment on the strategy across matrixed organization.
- Depth in Business process modeling and relevant experience across all phases, from conceptualization to deployment.
- Maps the systems and interfaces used to manage solutions, analyze current state and conceive desired future state, and conceive projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Strong interest in innovative technologies and desire to work on pioneering engagements.
- Working knowledge of systems architectural concepts and frameworks like TOGAF preferred.
- 8+ years in SAP Centric Architecture with high degree of Supply Chain Planning and execution, including full implementation life cycles
- Experience in cloud solutions and web based Integration with ERP.
- Exposure to Suite on HANA beneficial, S4 Experience, preferred.
- Exposure in migrating from JDE to SAP is a plus
- Publications in the domain knowledge preferred.
- Experience information security architecture, application security.
- Establishing work place productivity; Microsoft Office, Office 365
- Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of Supply Chain best practices
- Solution-oriented attitude.
- Creativity and Analytical aptitude.
- Automotive and Manufacturing Industry domain knowledge preferred.
- Global company experience is a plus.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.