Hoboken, New Jersey
Our client, top Fortune 500 company, is experiencing incredible growth and with that it is a very exciting time to join as there are many opportunities for advancement in the Digital/Ecommerce space. Our client is committed to building consumer and commercial Brands while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
The Digital Technology Team is responsible for the development and support of E-Commerce websites globally, as well as Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
The UX Architect uses their creativity and knowledge to balance and solve e-commerce UX and visual design needs. The successful candidate will move seamlessly between the strategic and the tactical, with a focus on the UX and design lifecycle. They’ re a decisive product owner, a confident manager, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled eCommerce business partner all rolled into one.
This candidate will be just as comfortable directing a team as they will be rolling up their sleeves and producing detailed UX deliverables. They work closely with other eCommerce and business disciplines to ensure alignment, while being sensitive to both the brand and internal (Newell) & external (retailer) eCommerce platform capabilities. This position will manage two team members.
- eCommerce Strategy and Information Architecture
- Translate new business strategies (i.e. product launches) into e-commerce UX strategy
- Glean design requirements for brands and retailers through analysis, UX inventories and audits, current-state assessments and stakeholder analysis
- Lead content inventory exercises to examine existing material to locate and identify existing content
- Lead content audit exercises to evaluate content usefulness, accuracy, tone of voice, and overall effectiveness
- Lead information grouping exercises to define user-centered relationships between content
- Lead taxonomy development exercises to define a standardized naming convention to apply to all content
- Lead sitemap exercises for e-commerce re-platforming and new site launch initiatives
- Lead user persona and use case exercises for e-commerce experiences that map to market personas as supplied/defined by Brand and Consumer Insights teams
- eCommerce Interaction & Visual Design
- Build wireframes and interaction diagrams to determine optimum workflows and designs for B2C and B2B e-commerce experiences
- Build page templates utilizing frontend frameworks architected by the eCommerce Frontend team
- Apply visual design to wireframes and/or page templates incorporating the Brand’ s tone/look/and feel
- Partner with Brand teams to ensure alignment of tone/look/feel
- 4+ years working experience leading eCommerce UX strategy, research and design
- A Bachelor’ s degree in interaction design, HCI or other design related degrees
- Experience advocating for UX strategy best practices, principles, and methodology
- Deep working knowledge of user-centered design
- Awareness of emerging UX strategy trends, tools, and technology
- Elegant use of both qualitative and quantitative data to inform UX priorities
- Proven ability to dig into the details and emerge with strong strategic insights and a good story
- Self-motivated and capable of managing simultaneous projects
- Experience working on large-scale redesigns or eCommerce
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and working through ambiguity
- An online portfolio that includes e-commerce work and demonstrates strategic thinking
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.