Our client has opened an innovative Technology Center in Midtown, and has entered the new and exciting world of IoT. They are leading the way to make consumer and industrial “ things” connected and are looking for exceptional technical individuals and leaders to join them in this pioneering effort.
Looking for a Technical Architect to establish their IoT Platform and help develop a cloud based IoT Application Enablement Platform that will serve to be the core foundational IoT platform for their Global business units.
Experience and Skills:
- BS and / or MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Electrical and Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Experience and Ability to rapidly proto-type new applications
- Good understanding of the full stack to develop applications in a short time frame.
- Strong leadership and Communication skills to lead a team of developers and SW engineers.
- Experience in leading team of developers and SW engineers and ability to enforce architecture to help provide governance and cadence to SW development initiatives.
- 5+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development.
- 5+ years of experience with design and implementation of distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud architecture, and cloud infrastructure architecture preferably with AWS.
- Experience or familiarity with mobile application development in Android and/or iOS.
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing system interfaces using REST API including knowledge of XML/JSON, and HTML/CSS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish a standard Internet of Things platform that can be used to quickly iterate and deliver connected products and solutions to the marketplace.
- Own the architecture function within the Digital Accelerator and ensure that appropriate architecture standards and rhythms are successfully introduced and managed across the SW engineering teams.
- Partner with the other SW architects to ensure high quality and standard approaches are employed across development projects.
- Report out and negotiate resolutions to architectural governance findings on a recurring basis.
- Assist in the recruitment of a the IoT SW development team.
- Learn & stay current on Internet of Things developments and Digital Architectures.
- Enterprise Architecture
- Software Development
- Strong Communication
- Consensus Building
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group