Sr. Project Manager (Infrastructure)
College Park, Georgia
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a Project Manager - Infrastructure who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
Project Manager - Infrastructure
- The Senior Project Manager position is to provide direction and leadership to project team members for small-to-large sized application and/or infrastructure projects up to $5 million dollars that are moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will ensure project results contribute positive business value and meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality business results. .
- Manages multi-million dollar IT Programs that consist of multiple, high-profile and complex projects that span multiple fiscal years, several business units and carry significant enterprise-wide impact.
- Ensures integration of large/complex projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as necessary, based upon the needs of the business.
- Communicates with IT leadership and senior business leadership to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Maintains the efficiency of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment.
- Identifies and mitigates potential risks.
- Manages teams of multiple project managers, project leaders and/or support staff as direct or dotted line reports.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Program Delivery Office.
- Creates a structure/environment in which team members can work together as an efficient team.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project status to IT leadership and senior business leadership.
- Accountable to Steering Committee and Operating Committee for enterprise/strategic goals, including but not limited to, efficiency and functionality of all IT Project completions, timeline adherence, budget and resource management.
Leadership & Business Acumen:
- Key industry certifications such as CAPM, PMP, PgM, etc., preferred
- Previous airline, travel, and / or transportation industry experience preferred
- Strong track record managing and executing IT projects and formal project management knowledge
- Experience with stakeholder management, working with stakeholders to confirm understanding before drawing conclusions
- Effective communication with cross functional project team, gaining trust and building consensus
- Ensures team understands the business benefits of the project and connects the project to the broader organizational goals
- Evaluates risks, assess possible outcomes and solves problems
- Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions and works with vendors as needed
- Resolves issues in a timely manner. When appropriate, escalate problems and issues to stakeholders and sponsor
- Monitors individual performance, maintains team morale and provides feedback to resource managers
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Exceptional planning, organizational and leadership skills and ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to direct the work of others, build and maintain cohesive motivated matrix teams across a large enterprise
- Strong business judgment, consulting and customer service skills
- 10+ years’ experience managing cross functional programs
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.