Sr. Manager of eCommerce
Our client is a vibrant, diverse, global growth company, recognized as one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world. Looking for their Sr. Manager of eCommerce to help set up their digital expertise and be responsible for eCommerce platform(s).
Looking for their Sr. Manager of eCommerce
- Must have the ability to manage a global resource pool of application developers, mixed backgrounds, with onsite and remote management required.
- Create and Adhere to IT department policies and procedures when performing tasks so as to ensure controls are in place as well as team and departmental goals are met.
- Take a leadership role in defining solutions to business problems to solve for B2B / B2C commerce solutions
- Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- This role will provide leadership by expertise in helping to delivering enterprise solutions/platforms. This means having a full working knowledge of eCommerce platforms and integrations with DAM/PIM and CMS platforms. While also having a technical understanding of Web server configurations, UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages.
- Provides leadership to assigned group(s) within IT. Identifies, evaluates and resolves business issues. Manages budgets. Works on abstract problems across all functional areas within IT. Possesses extensive technical breadth.
- Designs, maintains, and helps to manage enterprise server architecture: eCommerce Platforms
- Conducts evaluation of solutions with respect to standards, industry best practices, and acceptance criteria, e.g. performs performance testing, requirements reviews, and documentation reviews
- Prepares accurate assessments of current platforms to validate with the ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Ensures adoption of and adherence to best practices
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years management experience leading development teams with complete software development lifecycle exposure
- 2 years or more of hands on designing technical solutions for complex problems and communicating this solution
- 2 years of project experience in the planning, estimation, execution and issue/risk management around platforms
- Experience with web application architecture, and architecture of distributed systems based on internet technologies
- Strong experience in delivering scalable solutions with high availability and reliability
- Strong understanding of eCommerce platforms, customer facing websites, B2B, loyalty platforms and cloud platforms is preferred.
- Experience with Hybris, Orkestra or any other eCommerce platforms is a plus
- Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve low to medium complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for specific functional area within IT.
- Proven ability to manage a department or a group with multiple disciplines.
- Understands and ability to drive budgeting process.
- Strong, current understanding of fundamental Internet protocols, techniques, and technologies, including DNS, HTTP, TLS, load balancing, caching, application layer firewalls, and related, as well as distributed systems architecture based on the same.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of professional experience with a strong Information Technology foundation.
- 3 years or more experience supporting enterprise systems and serving as a technical lead, subject matter expert for those systems
- 2-3 years of people management experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field and 10+ years relevant experience, Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.