Sr. Database Administrator
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a DB2/LUW DBA who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering DB2/luw databases running on Linux based Virtual Machines and AIX
- Proven track record of administering databases in DB2/luw versions 9.7 and 10.5
- Proven track record of administering DB2/luw databases in a challenging enterprise environment
- Strong experience with database and table partitioning, compression, encryption and other DB2/luw features
- Strong experience patching and upgrading databases in an enterprise environment
- Experience and ability to provide rotating 24x7 database support in an enterprise environment;
- Experience with performing database backups and restores/recoveries
- Experience with administering / supporting IBM Netezza / Pure Data for Analytics helpful;
- Experience with administering / supporting DB2 Connect functionality helpful;
- Experience with administering / supporting the various DB2 client types
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting to help in database administration tasks helpful
- Experience with implementing and administering Data Server Manager helpful
- Experience with SQL Server and Sybase database administration helpful
- Ability to provide technical direction to others, including application developer
- Ability and willingness to follow established IT / DBA policies and procedures required.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.