Sr. Backend Developer
Our client is a global entertainment, sports and news company that creates premium content and delivers exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data driven insights and industry leading technology. Our client owns and operates some of the most valuable brands in the world.
The Core Development group, which builds and supports the CMS and its underlying services that is used by our clients and its affiliates is looking for a strong lead systems/software developer who understands how to operate at scale while leveraging modern web based technologies such as Node.js, MEAN/MERN stack, caching, cloud, and DevOps.
While our client is a large company, we are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for us to work with the latest leading-edge technologies and cloud based platforms.
- Building highly scalable and highly available (or " Webscale" ) RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets.
- Working with our client and our client’ s subsidiaries to provide a solid and stable solution to meet the demands of one of the largest news organizations in the world.
- Providing consistency across work breakdown and estimation so that the team can maintain a sustainable pace of development while also allowing for good forecasting.
- Mentoring a sharp and motivated team of developers to help raise the bar for team who is already excellent.
- Lending guidance towards software development best practices, such as fully automated testing, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, and DevOps.
- RESTful architectures
- node.js and/or Java/Spring-boot (a plus)
- Scaling, caching, and microservices
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, bamboo, circleci, etc…)
- Cloud based services, such as AWS, GCP, etc...
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any ‘ stack’
- Solid knowledge of Linux tools and usage
- Docker, Docker-compose
- Self starter, knows how to work around dead ends, can pick something up on the fly
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- 5+ years of ' industry experience' and a degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- You don' t know everything about software development, but you want to learn as much as possible
Why Our Client?
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.