Solution Architect (Big Data)
Our client, an industry leader and Fortune top 50 Company, is transforming their entire IT organization to an Agile, cutting-edge software development organization. They are looking for a Solution Architect with big data experience to be responsible for architectural/technology decisions on specific applications, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Solution Architect (Big Data)
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements, leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the reparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Make architectural and technology decisions.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Develops and owns the systems blueprint
- Develops and owns the application system roadmap.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training;
- 7 or more years related experience; multi platform experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
- Experience with mainframe technologies (COBOL, IMS DB/DC) is preferred
- Recent experience with DB and file management technologies (Oracle, Mongo db, DB2) is required.
- Recent experience with Business rules engine tools (Pega), ETL tools (Informatica) and Ntier technology is required
- Recent experience with architectural discipline or standards like TOGAF is required
- Recent experience with Java application server is required
- Recent experience in Websphere, SOAP UI, Agile Scrum development is required
- Health Care Domain knowledge is preferred
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group