Software Product Architect - Hadoop
Our client, an industry leader and Fortune top 50 Company, is transforming their entire IT organization to an Agile, cutting edge software development organization. Looking for a Software Product Architect to be accountable for the quality of the software product by promoting a software product focus mindset. Responsible for the advanced strategic planning capabilities (approaches and processes, tools, deliverables) and drive the building/enhancement of a highly complex portfolio of software products.
- Organize the demand, prioritize delivery with the business, bundle demand requests, maintain the roadmap, identify dependencies across portfolios, and help in budgetary guidance and capacity planning.
- Support in the creation and refreshing of software product inventories.
- Support the definition of software roadmap by identifying target applications, features (functional/ non-functional), investments, timeline and migration plans.
- Partner with integration architects to identify key areas of inter-dependencies and synergies within and across software products on the roadmap.
- Develop technical SW Product documentation.
- Develop and communicate standards, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmaps.
- Continue to influence investment prioritization by providing input to integration leaders.
- Develop business cases for new technologies, and lead Technology and vendor R&D, evaluation, testing & selection.
- Integrate the applications to business-critical value chain and map to product set.
- Provide support in the creation of catalogs of allowed configuration changes to products & methodology for implementing and assist in establishing the governance process and councils for product configuration changes.
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- 12 years of IT experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 7 years of experience in architectural design with a background in software development, including Software Product Management/Definition
- Big Data, Hadoop, Hive
- Experience delivering analytics solutions using big data, including real-time analytics
- Experience delivering analytics solution in a traditional RDBMS environment
- Work experience with Data Science teams and operationalizing analytic outcomes and insights
- Experience implementing operational systems
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group