Our client’ s portfolio has more than 100 of the most recognizable brands and compelling content in more than 200 countries, including a blend of entertainment, news, animation, young adult and sports media and multi-platform brand extensions. After more than 45 years since it first took on the broadcasting industry, our client is still leading change and shaping the entertainment landscape to create engaging content and experiences for consumers around the world.
- Expert Software Developer is needed for designing and developing custom software, enterprise websites and reporting solutions for linear and digital program management business needs.
- This Expert Software Developer will be working with a talented and fun Agile project team to create new features and maintain the existing Titles Metadata Management system, and develop new solutions for brand stakeholders.
- Candidate must be proficient in current and emerging development tools and digital media technologies.
- This position requires hands-on coding and strong peer collaboration to work on innovative technical solutions.
- Work with other infrastructure groups to implement system hardware requirements that may involve multi-platforms, databases, cloud strategies, or other technologies.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 4 years of experience building applications using HTML5, CSS3
- 1-2 years of building applications in the MERN stack (Mongo, Express, React, Node). Full-stack development experience is needed, not just Front-End or Back-End
- Experience working and delivering in an Agile Scrum environment
- Great team player attitude and well-rounded team member.
- Demonstrated expert-level understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of medium sized projects or major components of large projects.
- Ability to multitask and to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, with limited supervision.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Energetic, shows passion and is vested to the project.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building restful interfaces/APIs using NodeJs or equivalent framework
- Experience with some Message Frameworks (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, etc...)
- Experience with Elastic Search or Solr
- Experience with Redis, MemCache
- Experience with Git
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes or rkt
- Experience using tools like TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, Travis for CI/C
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.