Senior Solution Architect
The purpose of this Senior Solution Architect role is to create and deliver optimum solutions meeting the business needs. Engage throughout whole project life cycle from understanding the business case and requirements to transition into business as usual support. This is a key role for the delivery of projects within the organization. It is the responsibility of the Senior Solution Architect to coordinate activities with team members and architects from various disciplines (infrastructure, data, security) to design the most effective solution to the business problems while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace.
The Senior Solution Architect role is expected to lead transformational projects spanning the enterprise while supporting a team of solution architects working on individual work streams.
- Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. Identifying what a stakeholder needs to know or is concerned about is critical to ensuring that projects address the major stakeholder concerns on an on-going basis.
- Take ownership of the overall architecture strategy/design for a complex program of work and communicate it to all members of a project team. Technical, architectural, functional and impact and risk elements of the design need to be conveyed to technical and non-technical members. Presenting options, risks, recommendations in a language and a way that shows understanding and technical leadership is essential.
- Partner with corresponding team members ensure all of our downstream system integrations (such as BI, Document Generation, Document Management, Accounts Payable and others) are supported as the implementation of our new core platform progresses.
- Interact with business domain experts and therefore must be comfortable acquiring and using business domain language and knowledge to convey concepts and recommendations.
- Engage with and assist technical teams in delivering the Solution. From understanding testing requirements to being involved with the development of solution using a variety of technologies (Java) the Solution Architect is required to be able to engage and operate across a broad range of technologies including relational database systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server), integration platforms, application containers, web servers and basic infrastructure such as networking (firewalls, protocols).
- Responsible for vendor engagement on a project. This means potentially, initial engagement, vendor selection, setting up delivery engagement, hand off to a project manager for statement of work, escalations etc.
- Clearly stated demonstrable practical experience and understanding of best practice architecture principles
- Strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills; Ability to engage, influence and motivate stakeholders at all levels
- Operated in similar sized IT programs of work ($20-$30mil) with a true collaboration between IT and non-IT teams
- Track record of managing the architecture of multiple change projects/programs in a complex environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace and quality of response is critical to success
- Be the go-to resource for other solution architects that are looking for assistance with solving complex architecture issues
- Review other architect’ s solutions and ensures their architecture solutions aligns with program goals
- Hands on experience in the Insurance sector or Financial Services is preferred
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group