Senior Software Engineer (AWS/IoT)
10 10th Street NW Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Our client has opened an innovative Technology Center in Midtown, and has entered the new and exciting world of IoT. They are leading the way to make consumer and industrial “ things” connected and are looking for exceptional technical individuals and leaders to join them in this pioneering effort.
The Senior Software Engineer- Architect is an integral part of the Advanced Innovation team responsible for both new product breakthrough engineering and cloud based development efforts. This role will be responsible for defining and delivering cutting edge embedded IoT systems and solutions in a fast paced, driven and collaborative environment. This role will work closely with the other engineering disciplines on the Advanced Innovation team to ensure continuity and usability in final products.
- Architect, develop and deploy secure IoT platforms for connected tools, data analytics, real time system control and customer reporting.
- Provide technical leadership through your full-stack development experience implementing and validating secure, IoT connected device and analytics systems.
- Be the trusted technical advisor and own the secure IoT architecture within the Infrastructure Division and ensure appropriate decisions are made with regard to security, scalability and maintainability within the software team.
- Collaborate closely with the other team members in a rapid development environment which includes software, hardware and mechanical engineers and develop timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Lead development and maintenance of key software products and support corporate digital initiatives for bringing product performance and sensor data into analytics databases.
- Hands on role that requires the candidate to develop software, UI’ s and test and verification frameworks.
- Possess a deep understanding of Agile software architecture, design, documentation and release methodology.
- Communicate engineering issues and requirements to management and other stakeholders.
- Participate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation for the Infrastructure business.
- Set direction on area of responsibility and work efficiently with internal and external customers.
- Participate in structured problem Solving (8D) requiring strong critical.
- Participate and assist in the recruitment of IoT development team members.
- Utilize appropriate tools to architect, model, define and document the system and interfaces.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the development of server side, database and mobile software analytics and IoT applications.
- Passionate code warrior and architect who writes high quality, maintainable and scalable software code leveraging best practices for integrated test and verification.
- Deep understanding and experience with security frameworks, AWS systems, relational database systems (Redshift, Dynamo DB, PostgreSQL, S3, Mongo).
- Strong experience with HTML/CSS/jQuery/Ajax/AWS or full-stack software development.
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and working with the UX design team.
- Experienced in the development of secure mobile apps (Android, iPhone, etc.) with multiple deployed to
- Experience with Ionic / Angular / TypeScript Frameworks 1 & 2 is highly desirable.
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.