Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master
Hoboken, New Jersey
Our client, top Fortune 500 company, is experiencing incredible growth and with that it is a very exciting time to join as there are many opportunities for advancement in the Digital/E-commerce space. Our client is committed to building consumer and commercial Brands while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
Looking fro a Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master to lead strategically important Digital eCommerce development initiatives, be responsible for managing the execution of these projects, using standard methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum Agile and Waterfall in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Manage projects from start to successful delivery
- Develop comprehensive multi-phase project plans including development roadmap, quality control points, and delivery milestones
- Thoroughly document meetings including action items, expected and communicated delivery dates and open items needing further work or follow-up
- Maintain timely communications with internal and external client teams on deliverables, dates and issues
- Work with product owners and business analysts to ensure scope is defined and documented and maintain the integrity of scope and project backlogs
- Communicate and provide visibility on the progress of projects across a range of stakeholders using dash boards, templates and other tools to report project progress
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies, ensuring that these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary
- Ensure the release deliverables are clearly communicated to all teams
- Contribute to building a culture where continuous improvement of the agile process is in focus
- Review current agile processes, drive process improvements and challenge the teams to innovate
- Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team)
- Emphasize code quality over quantity
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software, eCommerce, or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5 to 7 years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- A demonstrated history of successful project leadership of a cross functional team throughout the entire product development lifecycle with emphasis on delivering quality, following processes and meeting timelines
- Experience successfully managing projects requiring multi-department teams
- Technology literate and able to adopt new technologies quickly
- Good verbal and written presentation skills including confidence working with executive leadership and high profile customers
- Ability to make an impact and have credibility in interactions across groups
- Canvas team to identify all project risks, develops mitigation strategies/plans and works to have strategies in place should they be needed
- Experience managing multiple parties including senior project stakeholders on high profile, high visibility projects
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change management and prioritize key activities
- Negotiate conflict resolution when needed between team members or product owners
- 5 to 7+ years project management experience (digital technology or software experience preferred)
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile and Traditional project methodologies with enterprise-level / eCommerce application development projects. PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, SAFe. PMP and Scrum Master certifications or equivalent preferred
- Very driven self-starter with an appetite for new challenges
- Proven leadership ability and evidence of positively influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to apply creative solutions toward solving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Project, Confluence, Jira, Rally or equivalent project management tools
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to work with C-Level project sponsors
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent PC Skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.