SAP WM Configuration Specialist
Our client designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft. Our client has produced more than 2, 000 aircraft since 1958. With our client, those ideals form the core of our work philosophy, and we believe fostering those standards is what helps us create and deliver the world’ s finest experience in business aviation.
Uses specialized knowledge and skills to work in conjunction with the ERP functional workstreams. Researches, develops and deploys advances in business solutions across multiple functional departments. Defines solutions, contents and guides the development of functional organization solutions for each workstream including methodologies, standards and processes. Responsible for process and solution work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining and upgrading a world class ERP capability utilizing SAP.
- Must have hands on SAP Supply Chain configuration experience (MM / IM / WM)
- SAP WM (docking/ cross-docking)
- At least two SAP WM full cycle implementations
- Experience in process design and development in Manufacturing and MRO environments preferred
- Ability to face and resolve technical issues including working with technical team to complete programming tasks
- A&D Industry experience (a plus)!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates decisions and makes recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on overall ERP activities.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving complex ERP solutions/problems and in developing methods, standards and processes for diverse business activities.
- Serves as liaison between end-users, process owners and software development teams including functioning as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
- Reviews and seeks understanding of operational business procedures and methods specific to functional business areas by mapping current business processes, defining and analyzing business activities, proposing best practices, and recommending solutions
- Works with technical resources to assist in the testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the ERP solution.
- Identifies necessary actions on technical tools and processes for configuration management
- Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis, process mapping or system implementation results and leads toward a corrective action.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in a specific discipline and/or other related technical fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality and effectiveness of the business solution.
- Trains, coaches and mentor’ s others on new functionalities and upgrades.
- Leads projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Aerospace and Defense Industry experience preferred.
- Experience implementing solutions in the Aerospace and Defense Industry preferred.
- Broad business experience in a complex product manufacturing environment is preferred to include process knowledge of the relevant business disciplines including but not limited to: Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Quality, Product Support Service and Sales.
- Assists in identifying business processes that could benefit from inclusion in the ERP environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally when dealing with conflicting opinions and tension within the work group.
- Interfaces with development team concerning resources.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.