Product Manager (Software & Big Data)
Our client is an innovative, fast paced, growing organization that continues to launch new products while enhancing existing software. They are a well-established software company that is an industry market leader, offering incredible benefits including paying a generous portion of coverage for their associates and their families, and offer a 401(k) with company match and discretionary profit sharing.
Product Manager (Software Focused with Big Data Experience)
Leverage existing experience, knowledge, and understanding of product delivery within the organization to plan releases and iterations with the input from customers and internal personnel. This person shares the knowledge across departments and teams that are responsible for delivering the solutions.
- Has extensive product knowledge, customer understanding, and at least 3 years of experience in the current role
- This person becomes the key stakeholder in defining the vision of the product and the overall goal for all teams
- This person manages the dream team meetings by product and solicits feedback from all members, ultimately deciding the order of priority of enhancements
- The product manager makes recommendations to executives on prioritization and updates executives on a weekly/ monthly basis
- The product manager holds planning meetings at the beginning of each iteration to discuss the vision, goals, overview of functionality and scope
- The product manager spends time with the business analyst/ backlog owner to ensure they have a level of understanding of what the requests are and begins developing the layout
- The product manager spends time with the system architect to discuss the end goal and vision of the product
- The business analyst/ backlog owner creates the requirements and the product manager reviews throughout the process and ultimately is the final approval of the requirements
- The product manager spends time with QA explaining the overall requirements and system dependencies for QA to begin creating appropriate test plans
- The product manager participates in product demos with QA when development delivers features to ensure requirements are met
- The product manager helps facilitate internal training across departments, helps keep positive communication flowing internally, and makes announcements about releases during monthly gatherings
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group