Principal Architect, eCommerce Platforms
Hoboken, New Jersey
Our client, top Fortune 500 company, is experiencing incredible growth and with that it is a very exciting time to join as there are many opportunities for advancement in the Digital/E-commerce space. Our client is committed to building consumer and commercial Brands while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
The Digital Technology Team is responsible for the development and support of E-Commerce websites globally, as well as Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
This role will be responsible for working across multiple teams of application developers as a principal architectural contributor responsible for solution architecture, road mapping and patterns across eCommerce platforms. This role will work as the principal technical implementation stakeholder for current and future eCommerce platforms and will collaborate with integration/data architects, product managers, application developers and managers to ensure technical vision is appropriately outlined, documented, socialized, mapped and implemented.
- Uses their creativity and knowledge to define and mature architectural roadmaps and implementations for eCommerce platforms such as SalesForce Commerce Cloud [formerly DemandWare]/SFCC/DW, WebSphere Commerce/WCS, ATG
- Responsible for balancing and solving product design, development and data needs.
- Provides decisive and effective technical leadership across teams of seasoned developers and architects.
- Ability to work within a geographically distributed team comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component
- Experience with estimation best practices and software development lifecycle management
- Role will often be involved at certain phases of the project lifecycle from intake to delivery and will be considered one of the team members that has key input into a solution that is well-architected, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
- Demonstrate technical leadership abilities to our brands with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
- Helps coordinate release and sprint planning with developers and other stakeholders
- Prior experience as an individual developer where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards
- Ability to work with other Information Technology teams to implement system improvements and standardization.
- Responsible for keeping pace with new releases for purchased applications including patch releases.
- Ability to set, measure, maintain/improve and enforce standards
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Bachelor’ s degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 10+ years of experience in various application development / architecture roles
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- At least 8 years’ experience developing/architecting solutions on large eCommerce platforms such as: WebSphere Commerce, Demandware, ATG, Hybris or similar in both B2C and B2B
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise grade technologies and frameworks.
- Strong familiarity with emerging presentation layer frameworks and patterns such ReactJS
- Strong familiarity with emerging cloud and web technologies
- Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to create business requirements documentation as needed
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.