Modernization Technical Director
Our client, an industry leader and Fortune top 50 Company, is transforming their entire IT organization, and are driving innovation and modernization of technology. They are looking for a Solutions Engineer to be responsible for all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle. These migrations would include primarily conversions related work and this would be position would be a true strategic leader in the organization.
- Develop and implement strategy to clear legacy platforms of all lines of business
- Plan and decommission legacy systems
- Indirectly lead, program manage and oversee a team of associates and vendors
- Facilitates solution sessions to reach critical technology and business decisions
- Lead and manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) associated with platform migrations
- Partners with IT delivery towers to develop detailed execution plans and manages overall scope, issues, and delivery
- Provide strategic direction for developing the project plans including key project milestones and dependencies.
- Develop Program and Project level financial forecast and budget projections on a quarterly basis.
- Provides overall strategic analysis and direction to senior management.
- Lead the coordination of the Program’ s Return On Investment (ROI) and track progress towards.
- Determine actual Program costs and explain variances to projections.
- Analyze Program infrastructure costs, including all hardware and software needed to deliver migrations successfully.
- Engage with vendors to determine the best solution at the lowest cost.
- Determine the optimal short term and long-term staffing plan by role and by quarter. Utilize associate subject matter experts to achieve maximum output. Analyze multiple vendors for the resources with the most systems expertise and cost efficiencies.
- Contribute in the development of the Executive Level Dashboards for IT and Business Leaders to demonstrate the Program’ s current status, accomplishments and challenges.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and timely with Senior Management regarding Program issues or risks. Provide contingency plan for timely resolution.
- Manage relationships with vendor partners engaged to ensure successful migrations delivery and confirm KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and SLA’ s (Service Level Agreements) are being achieved.
- Direct Development Advisors, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Software Developers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Coach / Mentor project team members to produce quality results and meet milestones.
- Partner and coordinate with team leader managing the migrations effort for the end state system to ensure a seamless transition for our customers.
- Requires 15 years of experience in leading application delivery teams. It is paramount that a seasoned individual with a strong technical and project management background lead these migrations to ensure the right solution is architected and the right strategy is in place to deliver this work successfully.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with IT focus degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - Optional
- Ability to work and communicate with executive level senior management (Business and IT).
- 15 years of enterprise project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development.
- Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools.
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all level of the organization.
- Understanding of the overall organization.
- Experience / knowledge of healthcare systems and comprehensive understanding of large healthcare payer overall structure, processes, functions and transformational initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with resource and budget/forecasting/planning.
- Demonstrated experience with external vendor representatives,
- Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members.
- Experience using tools like JAMA, JIRA, Clearquest and Microsoft office tools.
- Understanding of IT Finance is critical
- Healthcare Insurance Background is strongly preferred
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.