Java/WebSphere Commerce Solutions Developer
Hoboken, New Jersey
Our client, top Fortune 500 company, is experiencing incredible growth and with that it is a very exciting time to join as there are many opportunities for advancement in the Digital/Ecommerce space. Our client is committed to building consumer and commercial Brands while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
The Digital Technology Team is responsible for the development and support of E-Commerce websites globally, as well as Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
This role will be responsible for working on a team of application developers as a senior contributor specializing in Java technologies (Java, JSP, JSTL, EJB, HTML, CSS, JS etc.) with a focus on WebSphere Commerce (WCS). Oversight of the CMS system and its template development will also be in scope.
- Uses their creativity and knowledge to lead teams responsible for balancing and solving product design, development and data needs.
- Provide decisive and effective technical leadership for a team of seasoned developers skilled in Java / Websphere Commerce
- Ability to work within a geographically distributed team of 10+ developers comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component
- Experience with estimation best practices and software development lifecycle management
- Role will often be involved at certain phases of the project lifecycle from intake to delivery and will be considered one of the team members that has key input into a solution that is well-architected, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
- Demonstrate technical leadership abilities to our brands with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
- Helps coordinate release and sprint planning with developers and other stakeholders
- Prior experience as an individual developer where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards
- Bachelor’ s degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in various application development roles
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- At least 5 years’ experience developing WebSphere Commerce solutions in both B2C and B2B (experience with another large Java-based ecommerce package such as ATG or Hybris may be considered)
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC, Struts, and JAXB is preferred.
- Strong familiarity writing unit tests with JUnit is preferred.
- Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred.
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using WCBD is preferred.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.