Java/Scala Developer (Big Data)
Our client is a Fortune 50 and technology focused company with a focus on modernization of technology in addition to other initiatives around innovation and agile transformation.
They are looking for a Java Developer to be responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycle of analytic applications and reporting tools, utilizing various big data and BI technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with business partners to understand business requirements and design to then implement solutions that meet business needs.
- Develops data-centric applications utilizing Java, Java based languages (such as Spark & Scala), and other interpretive languages such as Python with distributed computing platforms including Hadoop
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives, including impact.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Collaborates with others on developing application internals for usability, reliability and scalability requirements.
- Ensures system testing is completed and meets the test plan requirements.
- Coordinates integration activities with other IT groups to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Mentors and assists in training initiatives and performs estimates for costs and impacts.
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training and 6 or more years’ experience; multi-platform experience; expert level experience two or more BI applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with multiple Business Intelligence tools required.
- Experience programming with Java required.
- Experience with Spark or Python preferred.
- Multi database and multi-language preferred.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.