Java Developer (Billing Systems)
Our client is a Fortune 50 and technology focused company with a focus on modernization of technology in addition to other initiatives around innovation and agile transformation.
The Java Developer is responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company' s application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from which programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training;
- 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Java experience required.
- Multi dimensional required.
- Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
- ORMB experience preferred.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.