Infrastructure Business Analyst
Infrastructure Business Analyst
If you were given the opportunity to be a part of an IT Transformation for over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of a Global Giant behind you, what would it look like? Our teams are responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our customer base. Projects will span many markets, geographies, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for a Infrastructure Business Analyst who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in driving projects, but an abundant curiosity to innovate. Come join an organization where you' ll get to climb to new heights and solve problems that are at a scale few can create. Come be the newest member of this team!
- Infrastructure Background
- Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms
- Translates user requirements to process and data requirements
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies
- Functions as an IT advisor to the business units
- Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II
- Leadership role in identifying and clarifying both the needed changes and the opportunities associated with all aspects of the business operations; process, organization, visual interface, physical environment, data, applications, Infrastructure, and operations. In addition to identifying the needs to be addressed, the BA will lead the definition of the new business process and the selection of a solution that best meets the business needs.
- Highly skilled in communications, investigative questioning, team leading, group facilitating, consensus building, critical analysis, diagnosis, and writing with clarity.
- Demonstrate strength and leadership, providing an example for others on:
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements identification & development
- Requirements organization & authentication
- Requirements prioritizing and approval
- Requirements management & communication
- Business Process Modeling
- Process design, and modification
- Process integration with other business processes
- Process development management & communication
- Solution Assessment
- Identification of alternative solutions
- Analysis/vetting of alternative solutions
- Establish Solution Agreement
- Use Case
- UAT Planning & Execution
- Facilitate business acceptance of solution
- Coordinate/conduct user acceptance testing
- Work in Agile / RUP/Waterfall Methodology.
- Mentor Sr. BA and BA’ s in the team
- Gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business requirements for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet standards.
- Interact with users, other portfolios, and vendors for full life cycle of project.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain production systems/programs/applications, as needed.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist in maintenance and communication of project status reports and tracking.
- Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed.
- Develop use cases and functional specifications and coordinate the capture of process models and functional testing, ensuring system is functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Develop and manage user acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate the process to analyze, evaluate, implement, and maintain systems developed internally and/or externally with an outside vendor.
- Assist in the development of project definitions, cost/benefit and risk analysis, work plans, progress reports, and presentations.
- Transition product support to systems operations.
- Assist in establishing end user training.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration with two (2) to five (5) years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Should have more than 5 years of business analysis experience.
- Should be able to mentor other BA’ s on the process and best practices for conducting requirements elicitation
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications critical
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group