DevOps Solution Architect
Our client is a Fortune 50 and technology focused company with a focus on modernization of technology in addition to other initiatives around innovation and agile transformation. Looking for a DevOps Solution Architect to be a technical champion and evangelist for DevOps practices across the organization. This role provides coaching, mentoring, and technical support for the DevOps Enablement program and will play an integral role in planning, developing, executing and implementing the organization’ s DevOps Strategy by working with development teams across the Enterprise.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate infrastructure and automation requirements into executable technology solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management
- Perform analysis on best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture
- Create technical documentation definitions scripts, and the setup of work item areas and iterations
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Work with geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications and infrastructure of the enterprise
- Requires BA/BS; 8+ years of experience in a Development Operations organization leading, administering, building, and maintaining an automation environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience in architecting configuration management, software development or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Like Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Strong scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Perl).
- Expert in one of the following version control systems (ClearCase, BitBucket / GIT, TFS 2012/13/15) for software configuration management and Source Code Lifecycle Management
- Hands-on expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis.
- Well versed in using UrbanCode Deploy and/or MSBuild for automated Build-Release processes.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing customer priorities within a continually evolving technology landscape.
- Extensive knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in multiple environments
- Demonstrated expertise in DevOps practices across the organization, providing coaching, mentoring, and technical support for Engineering Excellence collaboratively.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud environments and how to implement cloud strategies.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts.
- Extensive knowledge in various branching/merging methodologies and release procedures.
- Independent / go – getter attitude to keep yourself well-versed with new evolving technologies in the DevOps landscape.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools such as Bamboo, BuildForge, UrbanCode Deploy, Jenkins, Cucumber, Maven, Ant etc.
- Experience with both Atlassian and Rational Suites.
- Public cloud experience (such as AWS or Azure).
- Experience with Docker and Docker Swarm.
- Experience with Splunk or ELK.
- Experience with Jenkins and the Jenkins DSL plugin.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.