Hoboken, New Jersey
Our client, top Fortune 500 company, is experiencing incredible growth and with that it is a very exciting time to join as there are many opportunities for advancement in the Digital/E-commerce space. Our client is committed to building consumer and commercial Brands while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
The Digital Technology Team is responsible for the development and support of E-Commerce websites globally, as well as Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for infrastructure and application support in multiple 24x7 ecommerce environment. This position includes integrating with cross platform development teams and demonstrating proactive approach in maintaining and monitoring the company' s production environments. Within this role you will architect, design, install, configure and optimize enterprise computer systems and networks in a Linux based environment.
- Routine systems administrative functions to maintain customer-facing servers and infrastructure
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Designing, configuring and tuning high availability Linux systems
- Participating in product deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Maintaining the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems using automated systems
- Managing technical projects ensuring best-practices, quality of work and meeting of deadlines
- Installing, configuring, and managing network routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, IPS, VPN, console servers, and other network devices
- Network administration
- At least 4 years of Linux system administration experience (RHEL/CENTOS)
- At least two years experience as DevOps
- At least three experience with managing services in infrastructure with AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management – preferably Chef and Jenkins
- Previous experience building tools and frameworks to automate complex processes
- Strong grasp of web technologies and architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable web applications and services
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Python, Ruby, Bash or other scripting languages
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. To learn more about us, please visit www.jdc-group.com.