Data Architect (Hadoop)
Our client, an industry leader and Fortune top 50 Company, is transforming their entire IT organization to an Agile, cutting edge software development organization. Looking for Data Architect to be responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work.
- Provides guidance on data architecture matters.
- Ensures that industry-accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines and coordinated roll-out and adoption strategies are in place.
- Implements programs to achieve competitive advantage.
- Oversees enterprise-wide modeling efforts.
- Stays apprised of best practices for physical design for at least two major Database Management Systems platforms on the technology tool stack and ensures this knowledge is reflected in work practice documentation.
- Ensures cross-team collaborations are in place to support an integrated approach to sharing across technical disciplines.
- Ensures that a governance process is in place to support effective modeling tool usage.
- Develops a formal portfolio of data architecture services.
- Ensures Data Architecture work is part of the overall process of developing concepts, defining formal projects, planning and initiation of projects.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in related field; 7 years of data management experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- MS/MA degree preferred.
- Data modeling experience required.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Python, Tableau, IT Security Tools
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group