Our client, an industry leader and Fortune top 50 Company, is transforming their entire IT organization to an Agile, cutting edge software development organization. Looking for an Application Architect to lead end to end solution architecture.
- Creates architectural solutions that articulate the business context, conceptual design, and component level logical design
- Analyzes application portfolios to make standardization and rationalization recommendations in accordance to architectural principles, as well as architectural and technology standards and guidelines
- Leads end-to-end solution architecture and coordinates with other architecture disciplines in the completion of the architecture models
- Partners effectively with business and IT leaders to ensure alignment of architecture models
- Applies fluency in application design patterns and modeling, rollout and test planning, methodologies and tools, performance analysis and tuning, development methodologies and tools
- Defines, designs, and refines reference architectures and components as per needs of the company, as well as technological advances in the software / IT industry
- Facilitates the collaboration of all relevant architecture teams, development teams and solution engineering to create conceptual, logical and physical architectures
- Collaborate across IT to find solutions and modify architectures given scope changes, discovery of previously unknown issues and/or any unintended consequences encountered during detailed design, construction and implementation.
- Resolves IT architecture problems through option analysis, which includes identification, assessment and resolution of business / technical problems in accordance to architecture standards frameworks and guidelines
- Maintains and suggests new architecture standards
- Provides governance at the project level to ensure that designs adhere to architecture models and perform technical design reviews
- Provides guidance and review of architecture related concerns to the IT delivery teams and business constituents as required
- Performs or contributes to architecture blueprint analysis to help identify gaps in current state, articulate future state and roadmap to get to the future state, and provides support for realization of the blueprints via project initiatives
- Stays abreast of industry direction, changes and improvements
- Contributes to strategy analysis and provides recommendations to close the gap between current and future state technology
- Recommends new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment; drives new technologies towards implementation and exploitation
- Establishes overall architecture vision for the platform and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture
- Understands the construction of platform architecture components and is accountable for overseeing the architecture solution design
- Coordinates all platform-level conceptual architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture)
- Defines, communicates and drives security architecture design and monitors compliance to enterprise-level architectural standards
- Defines systems, technical and application architectures for new strategic initiatives
- Develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures in support of business and technical strategies
- Able to explain how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 12 years of experience in information technologies and/or 8 years of experience in health care industry preferred.
About JDC Group
JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, we connect exceptional technology talent with successful companies all over North America to form productive teams. We were voted one of Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and named one of Inc. 5000’ s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more info and to sign up for our “ Hot Jobs”, visit www.jdc-group.com.
Stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from JDC Group, follow us on Twitter: @JDC_Group